Are you experiencing homelessness?

If you’re currently homeless or at risk of losing your home, there are charities and services in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole that can help.

Whether you are sleeping rough, sofa surfing, unable to afford your rent or the cost of food, members of the Homelessness Partnership BCP are here for you.

Scroll down to find the right support for you.

Find local support

I’m sleeping rough

If you are sleeping rough on the streets of Bournemouth, Christchurch or Poole, contact the Street Outreach team at St Mungo’s immediately by calling 01202 315962 or emailing b&

St Mungo’s Street Outreach team is out every morning, whatever the weather, and is dedicated to helping people to take the first steps to rebuilding their lives.

You can request support from housing and homelessness charity Shelter by emailing

I’m at risk of homelessness

If you are at risk of losing your home, or if you’re sofa surfing, call BCP Council’s Housing Advice Team on 01202 123147 for free advice and assistance.

You can also email BCP Council’s housing team at or click the button below.

I can’t afford my private rent

If you are renting privately in the BCP area and cannot afford your rent, or if you’re facing eviction, our Let’s Talk Renting service can help.

A team of friendly experts can deal with a host of tenancy-related issues, including mould and damp, disrepair, benefit claims and anti-social behaviour.

If anything is putting your private tenancy at risk, call Let’s Talk Renting on 01202 985104. You can also register online to receive a free call-back and a member of the team from Citizens Advice BCP will be in touch.

I need food

If you are unable to afford the cost of food, the Access to Food Partnership can help. There are foodbanks throughout Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole – and there’s a community meal every day in the area.

The partnership’s interactive map will direct you to a variety of foodbanks and community meals that are available locally. Click the button below to find food support near you.

I need clothes

If you need clothing or shoes, Hope Housing may be able to assist via its Hope & More Charity Shop.

You can find the shop at 171 Seabourne Road, Bournemouth BH5 2HH.

Hope & More offers £20 vouchers to everyone in need, to be spent in its charity shop.

Click the button below for details.

I’m worried about money

If you have financial worries, Citizens Advice BCP can help. Whether you need advice about debt, support with applying for benefits or if your money is no longer stretching to cover the bills, call the local Adviceline on 0808 2787 939 or register at

See if you can claim benefits or increase your current benefits:

A Worrying About Money guide offers advice and support to anyone struggling to make ends meet. Click the button below to download the guide.

I need health support

The HealthBus Trust provides accessible, tailored, specialist healthcare to people experiencing homelessness in the BCP area. Operating a mobile GP-led service, in collaboration with partners, the Trust delivers care at the point of need to people sleeping rough and in emergency accommodation.

The HealthBus team visits various locations throughout BCP during the week and has a drop-in clinic at YMCA in Bournemouth on Thursday mornings from 9.30 to midday. Click the button below to contact the HealthBus.

Non-urgent healthcare support can also be obtained via the NHS by dialling 111. For health emergencies, please dial 999.

I need showers, laundry or lockers

Poole: Routes to Roots provides essentials including showers, laundry facilities and clothing at their Genesis Centre. Find out more here:

Bournemouth: Faithworks’ Half-Time (next to YMCA in Westover Road) offers showers, lockers, toiletries and phone charging facilities. To book an appointment, call the Helpline on 07842 174241.

Boscombe: Showers and washing machines are available at the BH1 Project, run by The Salvation Army, at 107 Palmerston Road, BH1 4HP.

I need LGBT+ support

Support is available for members of the LGBT+ community who are sofa surfing, at risk of homelessness or experiencing homelessness.

The LGBT+ Network for Change can be contacted here:

LGBT+ young people can find support via the Albert Kennedy Trust:

For mental health support, Steps2Wellbeing can help with issues including depression and anxiety. Click the button below to self-refer.

I need veterans support

If you are experiencing homelessness following a career in the Armed Forces, visit Helping Homeless Veterans UK at or the Dorset branch of Armed Forces charity SSAFA:

Veterans who are experiencing street homelessness can register for emergency support from Helping Homeless Veterans UK by clicking the button below.

I have no recourse to public funds

If you have a residence permit to live in the UK with an immigration condition called No Recourse to Public Funds, it will prohibit claiming most benefits, tax credits or housing assistance.

Organisations including the Red Cross, ICN (International Care Project), DREC (Dorset Race Equality Council), Citizens Advice, St Mungo’s and Shelter collaborated to come up with practical advice and signposting to help prevent homelessness and poverty.

Click the button below to find out more.

I need support for my pet

If you are sleeping rough and need help for your pet, contact Every Paw Matters.

Their Facebook page has details of help and support on offer for pets belonging to people experiencing hardship in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.

Click the button below to find out more.