Image credit: Liam McBurney/PA/Centre for Homelessness Impact

Is your family at risk of homelessness?

If you’re at risk of losing your family home, or if you’re experiencing homelessness, seek help at the earliest opportunity. Below, you’ll find advice on the most commonly asked housing questions, and how to access support that’s available in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.

Families renting privately can call our Let’s Talk Renting Helpline on 01202 985104 for support. Visit

Scroll down to find the right support for you.

Find local family support

Find housing advice

BCP Council’s Advice Aid service can help families to find answers to housing queries.

The online tool looks at how to solve problems affecting your home, including what to do if you have been asked to leave your property and how to find somewhere else to live.

Request homelessness support

If your family is at risk of homelessness or experiencing homelessness, you have a number of options:

– Phone BCP Council’s housing team on 01202 123147

– Email

– Find homelessness advice on Shelter’s website:

– Click the button below to access BCP Council’s Homelessness & Housing Portal

Join the housing register

BCP Council’s HomeChoice site explains the housing options available for your family.

You can bid on properties you are eligible for and sign up for the latest property alerts to make sure you don’t miss out.

Get advice on housing standards

Private landlords have an obligation to make sure properties are kept in a reasonable state of repair.

If you are experiencing poor conditions in your privately rented home and you’re struggling with your landlord or letting agent to get repairs carried out, click below for advice about standards and support on filing a complaint.

You can also call our Let’s Talk Renting team on 01202 985104 for free advice on mould, damp and disrepair – as well as support with rent arrears and notices of eviction.

Find SEND housing support

Advice is available for families with young people aged up to 25 with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).

For guidance on how to identify the most appropriate living arrangements to meet young people’s individual needs, click the button below.

Image credit: Liam McBurney/PA/Centre for Homelessness Impact

Access the Family Information Directory

Across the BCP area, there are services, housing associations and charities that can offer housing advice and homelessness support to families in need.

Click the button below to visit BCP Council’s Family Information Directory.